Press Releases & Announcements
- September 23, 2020: The Maine Judicial Branch announced today new and revised Pandemic Management Orders including a revision to PMO-SJC-3 and a new order PMO-SJC-8.
- August 28, 2020: The Maine Judicial Branch announced today that the Rumford District Court, located in the Town of Rumford Municipal Building, will be closed today, August 28, because an officer of the Rumford Police Department tested positive for COVID-19.
- August 28, 2020: The Judicial Branch has released a revision to the State of Maine Judicial Branch COVID-19 Phased Management Plan. The updated Plan extends the starting date for Phase 5 from October 19 to November 9. Phase 5 includes the resumption of jury trials.
- August 18, 2020: The Judicial Branch announced today the Millinocket District Court will be closed on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 in light of recent reports of a COVID-19 outbreak at a wedding event. There have been no reports of exposure at the courthouse.
- July 31, 2020: The Judicial Branch announced today a revision to the State of Maine Judicial Branch COVID-19 Phased Management Plan and issued PMO-SJC-7 regarding trial court remote proceedings and public access.
- July 2, 2020: The Judicial Branch announced today an update to the State of Maine Judicial Branch COVID-19 Phased Management Plan, expanding the maximum number of people permitted in a courtroom from 10 to 50 beginning in Phase 3. Social distancing requirements will remain in effect.
- May 27, 2020: The Judicial Branch announced today the release of the State of Maine Judicial Branch COVID-19 Phased Management Plan. The plan creates a five-phased process for reopening Maine Courts and is based on the most recent scientific data available from the Maine Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention and stakeholder input.
- May 19, 2020: Court operations resumed in Portland on Monday, May 18, 2020 following cleaning and disinfecting and a negative COVID-19 test result. See Court Operations Resume in Portland.
- May 18, 2020: The Maine Judicial Branch will host the second of two virtual sessions of the newly created Stakeholders Advisory Group on May 21, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. See Notice of May 21 Stakeholders Meeting.
- May 15, 2020: Cumberland County Courts Closed Following Possible Case of COVID-19.
- May 12, 2020: The Maine Judicial Branch will host two virtual sessions of the newly created stakeholders advisory group, on May 14 and May 21, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. The purpose of the meetings is to obtain input and suggestions for continuing efforts to address the COVID-19 pandemic as it pertains to the courts. See Notice of Upcoming Stakeholders Meetings.
May 5, 2020: The Maine Judicial Branch issued revisions to the Pandemic Management Orders (PMOs) today updating the measures being taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemic emergency.
- April 8, 2020: Courthouse Facilities Update regarding the York County Superior Courthouse in Alfred.
- March 22, 2020: Maine Judicial Branch Announces Reduction in Court Hours and Adjustments to Operations as Part of COVID-19 Response.
- March 22, 2020: Courthouse Facilities Update regarding court hours of operations, the Capital Judicial Center in Augusta, and York County Superior Courthouse in Alfred.
- March 18, 2020: Capital Judicial Center Temporarily Closed for Cleaning After Individual Reports Testing Presumptively Positive for COVID-19.