High Profile Cases
All public court documents in cases the Judicial Branch has determined to be of great interest to the media and the public are posted on this web page. This assures full access without compromising the litigants' right to a full and fair trial. It is our goal to accommodate the media and the public to the best of our abilities.
All public documents (documents that are non-confidential and not sealed) provided here will not be provided by the clerk's office, except to law enforcement or other government agencies. Please check this web page often for updates and documents related to the case.
Case information and public documents will be removed from the website once the case is no longer active or considered of great interest to the media and the public.
- State of Maine v. Robert McClure
- State of Maine v. Joshua Willette
- State of Maine v. Jerry Thibodeau
- State of Maine v. Robert Card
- Andrew Robbins v. Maine Commission on Indigent Legal Services
- State of Maine v. Kailie Brackett
- State of Maine v. Donnell Dana
- State of Maine v. Mark Cardilli Jr.
- State of Maine v. Marcel A. LaGrange Jr.
- State of Maine v. Joseph M. Eaton
- State of Maine v. Gerald Merrill
- State of Maine v. Noelle Tavares
- State of Maine v. Dominick Gecoya
- State of Maine v. Joshua B. Goncalves-Radding
- State of Maine v. Jacob R. Labbe Sr. (constitutionality of Maine's stalking statute)
- State of Maine ex rel. Angelina Dube Peterson et al. v. Peter A. Johnson et al.
(Petition for a writ of habeas corpus on behalf of indigent defendants incarcerated pre-trial without court-appointed counsel.)
- Virginia Parker et al. v. Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife
(Constitutionality of ban on Sunday Hunting given the new "Right to Food" amendment to the Maine Constitution.)
- In the matter of Request for Opinion of the Justices
(Related to four direct initiatives of voters that the Secretary of State transmitted to the 131st Legislature during its First Regular Session but that the Legislature did not act on during that session)
- Robert E. Dupuis et al. v. Roman Catholic Bishop of Portland (Constitutionality of 2021 legislation removing the statute of limitations for "actions based upon sexual acts toward minors" when applied to claims for which the previous limitations period had expired; applicability of legislation to entities)
- Wayne R. Jortner et al. v. Secretary of State (ballot wording for citizen initiative entitled “An Act to Create the Pine Tree
Power Company, a Nonprofit, Customer-owned Utility”. )
Members of the media who require assistance may contact Barbara Cardone, Esq., Director of Legal Affairs and Public Relations at (207) 213-2997 or firstname.lastname@example.org.