Protection from Violence
Click here if you are seeking help because another person is hurting you, or is threatening to hurt you.
- February 1, 2016: The Maine Supreme Judicial Court invites attorneys who wish to be considered for appointment to an Advisory Committee to send their interest, specifying for which committee they wish to be considered, on or before February 19, 2016, to email@example.com.
- January 26, 2016: The Advisory Committee on Maine Rules of Civil Procedure has openings created by the expiration of the terms of four members who are not eligible for reappointment. The Maine Supreme Judicial Court invites attorneys who wish to be considered for appointment to the Committee to send their interest, on or before February 5, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 15, 2016: Supreme Judicial Court invites amicus briefs on the effect of a statutory declaration of confidentiality on discoverability of information. Briefs due by February 12, 2016.
- January 15, 2016: Supreme Judicial Court invites comments on proposed administrative order regarding sealing of certain filed documents, images, and recordings. Comments due by January 29, 2016.
- January 15, 2016: Report of the Intergovernmental Pretrial Justice Reform Task Force.
- January 11, 2016: Supreme Judicial Court invites amicus briefs on the effect of a parent's incarceration on a petition to terminate the parent's parental rights. Briefs due February 8, 2016.
- January 8, 2016: Supreme Judicial Court invites amicus briefs in appeal from a finding that the defendant inexcusably failed to comply with a condition of a deferred disposition. Briefs due February 5, 2016.
- January 6, 2016: Maine Judicial Branch has issued a Request for Information seeking suggestions from property owners in York County regarding the availability of property for sale suitable for the construction of a new courthouse.
- December 18, 2015: Jackman Man Receives Award For Security Work in Skowhegan Courts.
- November 25, 2015: Court Announces Employee Service Awards for 2015—Portland Man Receives Maine Judicial Branch Career Performance Award.
- November 24, 2015: Maine Courts looking for applicants for two judicial magistrate vacancies.
- November 23, 2015: Judicial Branch issues request for proposals for civil involuntary commitment and treatment examination services.
The Judicial Branch is now on Twitter. To follow #MECourts, click here.
From the Chief Justice