Protection from Violence
Click here if you are seeking help because another person is hurting you, or is threatening to hurt you.
- December 2, 2016: York County Courtroom Site Selection Commission releases report
- November 21, 2016: Law Court invites amicus briefs on whether a Probate Court may deny a petition to change the petitioner's surname to that of a "friend" because it may create the false impression that the petitioner and the friend are married. Amicus briefs must be filed on or before January 4, 2017.
- November 21, 2016: Supreme Judicial Court invites comments on the report of the Advisory Commission on the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE). Comments must be filed on or before December 19, 2016.
- November 21, 2016: Maine Judicial Branch Releases Updated Guide to Help Unrepresented People Involved in Protection from Abuse or Protection from Harassment Cases.
- November 17, 2016: Supreme Judicial Court invites comments on proposed amendments to the Maine Bar Rules to modify discovery and confidentiality of information in disciplinary proceedings and to make technical changes. Comments due by December 8, 2016.
- November 4, 2016: Court Announces Employee and Volunteer Service Awards for 2016
The Judicial Branch is now on Twitter. To follow #MECourts, click here.
From the Chief Justice