Protection from Violence
Click here if you are seeking help because another person is hurting you, or is threatening to hurt you.
- June 20, 2017: SJC invites comments on proposed amendments to the Maine Rules of Civil Procedure to require service of papers on other parties by email after the initial complaint and summons. Comments due by July 5, 2017.
- June 13, 2017: Supreme Judicial Court has adopted restyled Maine Rules of Appellate Procedure and amendments to Maine Bar Rules.
- June 6, 2017: Maine Civil Legal Services Fund Commission Announcement of Applications for 2018 and 2019 and Notice of Public Meeting. Download application packet.
- The Task Force on Transparency and Access will hold its next meeting on Wednesday, June 7, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose/Chamberlain Conference Room of the Capital Judicial Center (1 Court Street) in Augusta, Maine. For more information about the goals of the task force, its membership, and upcoming meetings, please click here.
- May 26, 2017: Law Court invites amicus briefs on issue of whether a volunteer driver for a nonprofit organzation who receives mileage reimbursement is an “employee” for workers’ compensation purposes. Briefs due by July 14, 2017.
- May 23, 2017: The Justices of the Supreme Judicial Court have issued an Opinion of the Justices answering the Questions of the Maine State Senate regarding ranked-choice voting.
The Judicial Branch is on Twitter. To follow #MECourts, click here.
From the Chief Justice