York County New Courthouse Property Site
Maine Judicial Branch Seeks to Purchase Land for Courthouse Site in York County
The Maine Judicial Branch wishes to purchase property for the construction of a new courthouse to be located in York County. Interested property owners wishing to have a site considered for purchase should submit the following information, if available:
- the property description
- size and location
- purchase price
- photos of the property
- road access to the property
- water, sewer, and electrical service to the property
- details concerning road frontage
- description of any running or standing water on the property
- an indication as to the presence of wetlands or other building impediments, and
- a description of present use, including any structures on the property.
The York County Courthouse Site Selection Commission will make a recommendation regarding the site to the Supreme Judicial Court. The following will be among the criteria considered in site selection:
- A location that allows for reasonable access from a major road.
- A parcel of approximately seven (7) buildable acres appropriately zoned for courthouse use.
- A site that would accommodate a building footprint of at least 30,000 square feet, and parking for up to 300 vehicles.
- A site served by public utilities.
Responses must be received by:
PO Box 4820
Portland, ME 04112-4820
by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, August 29, 2016.
Questions may be submitted to Ms. Feamster at the same email address.