Part II: Other Judicial Branch Programs
A number of other agencies have been created by statute or court order to advise or assist the Supreme Judicial Court in carrying out its supervisory and administrative responsibilities over the court system and the Bar. These include:
- Board of Bar Examiners, charged with supervising admission to the bar
- Board of Overseers of the Bar, charged with supervising attorney conduct and discipline
- Committee on Judicial Responsibility and Disability, charged with supervising the conduct and discipline of judges
- Court Appointed Special Advocate Program (CASA), which utilizes trained volunteers to act as guardians-ad-litem in child protective cases
- Court Alternative Dispute Resolution Service (CADRES)
- numerous operating and advisory committees dealing with matters ranging from judicial education to the rules of court.