State of Maine v. Mark Strong
The Maine Judicial Branch has set up a web page for posting of information in the case of State of Maine v. Mark Strong. We have prepared this page to assure full access to the media and the public without compromising the litigants' right to a full and fair trial. It is our goal to accommodate the media and the public to the best of our abilities. All public documents (documents that are non-confidential and not sealed) will be available on this page, and will not be provided by the clerk's office, except to law enforcement or other government agencies. Please check this web page often for updates and documents related to the case.
Case Name: State of Maine v. Mark Strong
The documents below are in PDF format. In order to open the documents below, you will need the a current version Adobe Reader. You may download the free version of Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- October 12, 2012: Order and Motion for Protective Order and Request for Status Conference
- October 16, 2012: State's Motion to Dismiss Without Prejudice
- November 9, 2012: Order on Motions to Dismiss
- October 15, 2012: Defendant Strong's Demand for His Right to a Speedy Trial
- October 15, 2012: Motion to Dismiss ( Dated 10-10-2012)
- October 19, 2012: State's Response to Defendant's Motion to Dismiss and Request for Clarification of Discovery Order( Dated October 18, 2012)
- October 22, 2012: State's Report on October 18, 2012 Discovery
- October 25, 2012: State's Report on the Status of Discovery
- October 25, 2012: State's Opposition to Defendant Strong's Motion to Dismiss
- October 29, 2012: State's Report on Taxation Discovery
- November 9, 2012: Defendant Mark Strong's Objection to State's Notice of Joinder, Pursuant to M.R. Crim. P. 8(d) and Motion to Sever the Trial
- November 9, 2012: Order on Notice of Joinder
- November 9, 2012: Scheduling Order
- November 15, 2012: Motion to Reconsider Joinder and Opposition to Severance M.R. Crim.O. 8(b)(c)
- December 5, 2012: Order
- December 12, 2012: Motion to Dismiss for Discovery Violation
- January 2, 2013: Order on Pending Motions
- January 7, 2013: Notice of Trial
- January 1, 2013: Motion to Continue
- January 9, 2013: Preliminary Witnesses for the State
- January 15, 2013: Correspondence from District Attorney Slattery Regrading Settlement Conference
- January 15, 2013: Defendant's Motion for Change of Venue Pursuant to M.R. Crim. P. 21(b)
- January 15, 2013: Motion to Withdraw
- January 18, 2013: Order Concerning Media Coverage
- January 23, 2013: Confidential Juror Questionnaire
- January 23, 2013: Final Witnesses for the State
- January 23, 2013: Defendant Strong's Witness List
- January 25, 2013: Notice of Appeal Pursuant to 15 M.R.S §2115-A & M.R. App.P. 2(a)(1) & 21
- January 25, 2013: Approval of Deputy Attorney General for Appeal by State Pursuant to 15 M.R.S §2115-A & M.R. App.P. 2(a)(1) & 21
- January 25, 2013: Memorandum from Attorney General
- January 25, 2013: Transcript Order
- January 25, 2013: Motion to Amend Indictment
- February 14, 2013: Defendant Strong's and Defense Counsel's Motion to Reconsider Protective Order Regarding Communication with Media
- February 25, 2013: Defendant Strong's Fifth Motion to Dismiss for Discovery and Due Process Violations or, in the Alternative, Motion to Compel the Disclosure and Production of Police Personnel Files, with Requested Jury Instructions
- March 5, 2013: Defendant Strong's Motion to Dismiss Counts 1, 4,8,14,19,24,30,35,41,46,51 & 56, Pursuant to M.R. Crim. P. 7(c), 12(b)(2)
- March 12, 2013: Order Regarding Portland Press Herald's Request for Exhibits and Names of Jurors
- March 12, 2013: Order Impounding Exhibits
- March 18, 2013: Motion to Intervene for the Purposes of Requesting Access to Certain Trial Exhibits and Seeking Reconsideration of the Court's Orders denying Access to Exhibits
- March 18, 2013: Motion for Access to Trial Exhibits and for Reconsideration of the Court's March 12, 2013 Orders
- March 18, 2013: Affidavit of Scott Dolan
- March 18, 2013: Order
- March 18, 2013: Request for Hearing
- March 18, 2013: Order on Defendant's Motion In Arrest of Judgment, Pursuant to M.R. Crim. P. 34
- March 20, 2013: Notice of Hearing
- March 20, 2013: Sentencing Memorandum
- March 25, 2013: Judgment and Commitment
- April 12, 2013: ORDER MaineToday Media, Inc.'s motion to intervene and motion for access to trial exhibits and for reconsideration of the court's 3/12/13 orders
- January 24, 2013: Supreme Judicial Court Interlocutory Order
- January 24, 2013: 2013 ME 12 In re Maine Today Media, Inc.
State of Maine v. Mark W. Strong Sr.
- January 25, 2013: Motion to Dismiss State's Appeal and Motion to Suspend Rules to Expedite, Pursuant to M.R. App.P 14(c)
- January 25, 2013: State's Opposition to Appellee's Motion to Dismiss Appeal
- January 28, 2013: Strong's brief to Law Court
- January 28, 2013: Procedural order of the Law Court
- January 29, 2013: Scheduling order of the Law Court
- February 4, 2013: Amicus brief of Alexis Wright
- February 4, 2013: State's brief
- February 5, 2013: Order Regarding Cameras and Recording Equipment Access
- February 7, 2013: [State's] Motion to Exclude York County Superior Court ALFSC-CR-12-1576 Docket Record
- February 15, 2013: Decision: 2013 ME 21, State of Maine v. Mark W. Strong Sr.
Deputy District Attorney Justina McGettigan
45 Kennebunk Road Alfred, ME 04002
Phone : (207) 324-8001
Fax: (207) 490-6990
39 Portland Pier Portland,
Maine 04101 Get Directions
PO Box 4803 Portland, Maine 04101
Phone: 1-800-774-6206 - Toll Free 207-774-6206
Courthouse: York County Superior Courthouse
Courthouse Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday
Cameras and Audio Recording in Courtrooms
Maine has strict rules about whether or when cameras are permitted to be used in the courtroom, and in every case, the presiding justice may impose additional conditions to assure a fair trial. Such additional conditions may include, pooling of cameras.
Information about cameras and audio recording equipment is available in Administrative Order JB-05-15 ( A. 9-11).
The form to request audio or camera coverage can be found below:
Media Notification -- Requested Coverage of Court Proceedings (Fillable PDF)
This is a new form to be used by members of the media who are requesting media coverage in District or Superior court proceedings. All forms should be submitted at least 24 hours in advance of the proceedings to the Clerk of Court office that is handling the case. In order to open the form, you will need the a current version Adobe Reader. You may download the free version of Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Electronic Devices: Administrative Order JB-05-16 (A. 5-08) Use of other electronic devices, such as a laptop, tablets and smart phones is prohibited without the consent of the judge.
No telephone calls please.
Interviews: No interviews may be conducted inside the Courthouse, and entrances are not to be blocked.
Decorum: Recording personnel shall wear appropriate and neat attire consistent with participation in matters of serious concern. Neither the camera nor the recording personnel shall have any insignia or other indication of organizational affiliation. The use of any electronic device in the courtroom is prohibited without the written consent of the presiding justice. Place all cell phones in vibrate or silent mode. Violators will be removed from the courtroom.
Members of the media who require further assistance can contact Mary Ann Lynch, Director of Court Information or the Judicial Branch webmaster at webmaster email@example.com. Ms. Lynch may be reached at (207) 592-5940 or via email Mary.Ann.Lynch@courts.maine.gov. Ms. Lammers may be reached at (207) 822-0718 or Tracie.Lammers@courts.maine.gov .