Below is a list of holidays observed by the Judicial Branch. All courts and administrative offices will be closed on the days listed below.
HOLIDAY & DATE OBSERVED 2017
- New Year's Day, Monday, January 2, 2017*
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, January 16, 2017
- Washington's Birthday, Monday, February 20, 2017
- Patriot's Day, Monday, April 17, 2017
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 29, 2017
- Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4, 2017
- Labor Day, Monday, September 4, 2017
- Columbus Day, Monday, October 9, 2017
- Veterans' Day, Friday, November 10, 2017*
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Thanksgiving Friday, Friday, November 24, 2017
- Christmas Day, Monday, December 25, 2017
* A legal holiday falling on a Saturday is observed on the preceding Friday. A legal holiday falling on a Sunday is observed on the following Monday.
During Administrative Week the courts and clerk's windows will be closed from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm to allow court staff to complete important work. The courts and clerk's windows will be open during Administrative Week from 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
2017 Administrative Weeks:
- Administrative Week Spring 2017 - March 27 through March 31, 2017
- Administrative Week Summer 2017 - July 31 through August 4, 2017
- Administrative Week Fall 2017 - October 16 through October 20, 2017