Alternative Dispute Resolution (Mediation Services)
The Maine Judicial Branch was an early pioneer in providing alternative dispute resolution (ADR) in the courts, starting in the late 1970s. We continue to support the use of ADR in many different types of cases. Today, ADR is available through the Maine courts in domestic relations matters, small claims, larger civil and commercial cases, and in land use and environmental disputes. In some types of cases, the parties must participate in some form of ADR before they can proceed to a contested hearing. The Office of Court ADR maintains rosters of neutrals who can provide mediation, arbitration or early neutral evaluation in court cases.
To find out more about the individuals who are on the statewide Superior Court ADR rosters for mediation, arbitration and early neutral evaluation, go to the Directory of ADR Neutrals on Superior Court Rosters.
To find out more about the individuals on the District Court ADR roster, go to the Directory of District Court Civil Litigation Mediation Roster.
To find out more about the individuals on the Land Use/Environmental ADR roster, go to the Land Use/Environmental Mediation Roster.
More information about ADR in the Maine courts:
- What is alternative dispute resolution?
- In what types of cases is ADR available?
- How do I select a mediator, arbitrator or early neutral evaluator for my Superior Court case?
- How do I become a mediator, arbitrator or early neutral evaluator for the court?
- How do I find an exit survey? (Word) Requires either Microsoft Word or the free Word Viewer.
- How do I make a complaint? (PDF) This file requires the free Adobe Reader.
- Where do I find the court rules that govern ADR in the Maine courts?
- What is the Office of Court ADR?
- Contact the alternative dispute resolution (ADR) staff.
- Foreclosure Diversion Program
Alternative Dispute Resolution Information System (ADRIS) For Court Mediators
- ADRIS is an online database used by mediators and the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) to collect mediation data and process payment for mediation services.
- ADRIS web site: http://adris.courts.state.me.us/adris/login.jsp. This link works if you are ONLY connected to the JB network.
- If you are trying to access ADRIS and are outside the JB network, you will need to use www.courts.maine.gov/voucher. This link will ONLY work if you are outside the network and it cannot include the https:// prefix.
- FDP ADRIS User's Guide (Revised 10-27-11)
- CADRES ADRIS User's Guide (Revised 11-4-11)
- ADRIS FAQs (Revised 9-7-11)
- If you need help remembering your login or password, please call the AOC at 822-0706 for assistance during regular court business hours 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.