Protection from Violence
Click here if you are seeking help because another person is hurting you, or is threatening to hurt you.
- The Task Force on Transparency and Access will hold its first meeting on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose/Chamberlain Conference Room of the Capital Judicial Center (1 Court Street) in Augusta, Maine. For more information about the goals of the task force, its membership, and upcoming meetings, please click here.
- April 13, 2017: The recording of the oral argument on the Senate's questions regarding Ranked-Choice Voting is available on the Court's Ranked-Choice Voting Page.
- April 5, 2017: The Supreme Judicial Court has adopted amendments to the Maine Rules of Unified Criminal Procedure.
- March 3, 2017: The location for the oral argument on the Maine Senate's request for an Opinion of the Justices has changed. The argument will be held in Courtroom 7 (the historic ceremonial courtroom) of the Capital Judicial Center in Augusta. The date and time remain the same.
- February 16, 2017: Chief Justice Saufley delivered the State of the Judiciary address to the Legislature.
- February 7, 2017: The Justices of the Supreme Judicial Court have received questions from the Senate regarding ranked-choice voting and have issued a procedural order in the matter. Briefs are due by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 3, 2017, with responsive briefs due by noon on Friday, March 17, 2017. Oral argument will be held on April 13, 2017. All filings and orders will be available on the Court's informational page on the proceeding.
- February 7, 2017: The Judicial Branch is pleased to announce the launch of a new online site that will allow customers to order their transcript via a full-service client portal. The portal is available 24/7 and is owned and operated by eScribers, the MJB’s vendor for transcript production.
The Judicial Branch is now on Twitter. To follow #MECourts, click here.
From the Chief Justice