Protection from Violence
Click here if you are seeking help because another person is hurting you, or is threatening to hurt you.
- October 16, 2017: Administrative Week Monday, October 16 through Friday, October 20 all Maine courts and clerk's offices will be closed to the public from 8:00 a.m. to noon to allow court staff to complete important work.
- September 26, 2017: The SJC has multiple openings on various boards and rule committees and invites attorneys who wish to be considered for appointment to any of the openings to notify the Court of their interest on or before October 27, 2017.
- September 15, 2017: Maine Chief Justice Commemorates Constitution Day – September 18, 2017. Maine Supreme Judicial Court Chief Justice Leigh I. Saufley today urged the Maine public, along with Maine’s teachers and educators to recognize our nation’s Constitution Day, which is September 17, 2017. This year Constitution Day will be observed, nationwide, on the following day, Monday, September 18. Watch video | See press release with links to educational materials.
- September 11, 2017: Maine Supreme Judicial Court Responds to Hurricane Tragedies. The Maine Supreme Judicial Court today encouraged Maine lawyers to provide pro bono legal services to Hurricane Harvey victims, in response to the Texas Supreme Court permitting lawyers in good standing who are licensed in other states to provide free legal services to hurricane victims in need.
- September 11, 2017: Supreme Judicial Court to Hold Court at Freeport, Mountain Valley (Rumford) and Westbrook High Schools – Fall 2017. The Supreme Judicial Court today announced its schedule for visiting Maine high schools this fall. For the past dozen years, the Court has held oral arguments in actual appellate cases in high schools around the state.
The Judicial Branch is on Twitter. To follow #MECourts, click here.